Thursday, May 15, 2008

proud moment for a mom

janaes hair before the big cut

the first cut
after she elooks so cute if I do say so

My daughter made my heart so happy. She received a A+ on her biography of William Stratton. I asked her want she wanted for getting a A+ she said she wanted her hair cut. We had read a article about cancer patients and how you can donate your hair to Locks of Love. We went to Cost cutters and they said that they needed 9 inches to be able to donate it. With a smile on her face she said OK and she was ready. I think in all honestly I was more sad than she was. At the same time she made me very proud of her. She looks so grownup with her new hair do. Have a great fun relaxing weekend.

Char

9 comments:

Becky said...

Awww, what a beautiful, sweet girl...donating to locks of love.

That's brave. I remember back when I was a girl getting my long hair cut off for a Dorothy Hammill haircut...it was quite a shock. But she looks darling!

His Girl said...

That is so so so precious- what a wonderful way to give :)

SweetAnnee said...

She looks lovely with her new hair cut..and she
is awesome ..caring about others..Deena

smileymamaT said...

aw wow what a sweet face and what a heart of gold. I am going to show these pics to my 12-yr old (her and Janae look so much alike they could be sisters) and she wants her super-long hair cut a bit shorter/angled too, I'm bringing her to get it done this weekend....

Heidijayhawk said...

what a sweet girl.

Lydia said...

What a giving heart your daughter has already! You're doing a great job, mom!

PJ said...

Such a cutie. It looks really nice! And some little girl will also receive a lovely hairdo. (I know about that kind -- that fits over bald heads from chemotherapy...can't imagine a child dealing with it.) Blessing for a generous act from your daughter. AND... Prayers on the 3 year old and his teeth.

Thanks for dropping by!!

Stephanie said...

looking good

My2Gs said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I had a funny/sad experience with donating my hair. After my son was born, I decided to cut my hair and donate it to Locks of Love. I had my ponytail in my hand standing at the register when all of a sudden......the rubber band slipped off of my hair and it all fell to the ground!!! I wanted to DIE!!! Ugh...I guess it was the thought that counts.

About Me

My photo
I'm a mom to six amazing blessings. I am married to my best friend. I am a child of God. I am a big sinner saved by his Grace. My children are my life we have Jordan he rocks on drums. My Janae is a pro soccer player. Jacob is a artist, jesiah is a comedian in training by daddy, Jenna is our little princess on her way out of diapers. Baby Jace is exploring his world around him.